Saturday 26 May 2007

Writing Competition- topic 'Perfect Friend'

An unoriginal topic, I know. And an unoriginal entry on my part. Apologies.

Shepherd of the People

She swings her raven tresses in a supremely elegant manner. I need someone like this. I need someone to guide me, look after me, protect me... I bow my head. Like a sheep, I need to be lead. She looks down her aquiline nose; her dark eyes pierce mine. She is everything I want to be, beautiful, confident, successful, and I idolise her. Being in her presence fills me with joy, with warmth; I gaze upon her perfect features, drinking them in, dizzy with elation. She is talking, and her soft, warm voice reminds me of swirling chocolate. Smoothly, richly, she comforts me, and I feel that I will succeed. Through anarchy and loss, democracy and terror, she will coerce me and compel me to become, like her, a shepherd of the people.

No comments: