Tuesday 29 May 2007

Writing Competition- Let's plagiarize someone's character.

-TO LEGOLAS

He sweeps back his blonde hair.

“Tolkien, I'm gonna get you for this,” he mutters. “'Tis difficult to keep this neat in battle.”

I hand him a hairbrush.

“Lothlorien thanks you!” comes the reply.

I hand him shampoo as well, commenting speculatively,

“How do you keep it that soft? Surely Sauron's fiery smoke and the general lack of plumbing around here would make that level of shinyness pretty much impossible?”

He brushes it back again and clips it up.

He's trying hard not to boast.

“Oh, you know, what with fighting monsters and looking heroic, it does get a bit mucky sometimes...”

He strokes the subject of admiration gently. “But it always looks as if it's just been washed. Elves have that gift from birth...”

“I say! I'm pretty jealous, you know.”

“Oh, you needn't be!” He immediately hands me a small deed entitling me to most existing Elvish treasure.

“Please, I hope this compensates the ill feelings I have caused?”

Not only a hero but a gentleman. How sweet.


-cough, cough- Legolas is the most annoying character in the whole book. But oh well, inspiration doesn't care who it strikes.

No comments: